10 Tips To Save Money On Your Car Insurance
Trying to get the cheapest car insurance can be a headache, but on the other hand it is usually worthwhile doing as you can save yourself quite a bit of money, especially when you take it account that this is something you have to pay for every year, the savings can add up.
Here are some things you can look at to get your car insurance costs down:
1. Keep your car in a garage or on a drive way and tell your insurance company this.
2. Fit an immobiliser or car alarm, preferably both.
3. If you have an older car, consider changing your insurance from comprehensive cover to third party, fire and theft cover.
4. Be as accurate as possible when giving your annual mileage to the insurance company.
5. If you do low mileage in your car, then consider agreeing to limited mileage insurance so you are covered for a certain number of miles.
6. Choose as high an excess as you can afford to pay in the event of a claim.
7. Get a cheaper quote from another car insurance company and tell your existing insurance company and see if they will give you an even better deal.
8. Pay your premium as an upfront lump sum so that you avoid paying interest on top of your premiums. Car insurance companies usually charge a lot of interest so even if you do not have the cash up front, you may still be better off borrowing the money more cheaply elsewhere. You could for example pay for your insurance with your credit card and then do a balance transfer to another one of your credit cards charging lower interest than your car insurance company.
9. Add a second person who has a good record to the insurance cover as sometimes this can lower your premium.
10. Buy your car insurance online as you may find you can get a discount for buying online.
By: Miguel Poza -